DSCOVR launch: called off for today, try again Tuesday

The radar issue is resolved, but now the weather has turned unfavorable.  They could press ahead, but if things didn’t clear up in time, they’d run into crew rest requirements for the USAF range support team which would preclude trying again Tuesday or Wednesday, which is their last opportunity before they must stand down until Feb 20 (when the launch window will reopen).  So they’re going to try again if the weather forecast is better tomorrow (Tuesday).

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Space

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s